left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: No More Spam

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

No More Spam

One of my co-workers recently asked me to have her email removed from our website because she was getting so much spam. Her request made me realize how long it had been since I had gotten any spam messages.

The reason I hardly get ANY spam is because about a year ago I started using a service called Spam Arrest. It is based on a Challenge/Response system that allows you to control whose email you choose to receive. Any email that is not approved by you gets challenged. This means that the sender has to take several steps to get their email approved. This requires human intervention. And since 99% of email is sent by computers, these emails are stuck in Cyberspace. Very simple and yet very effective. It is also very affordable - about $3/month. They also offer a 30-day free trial that allows you to try it before you buy it.

If you find your email box with more spam that you want, I encourage you to check this out.

0 comments: