left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: What constitutes Xtraordinary Living?

Saturday, August 19, 2006

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

What constitutes Xtraordinary Living?

I was asked that question by a course-participant this weekend. My response was the first time I really articulated my personal vision of the concept to others. You see to me Xtraordinary Living is a combination of things. Here's a partial list -- in no particular order:

-- When you can't wait to get up in the morning and you hate going to bed at night because life is so exciting.
-- Dealing with adversity in such a way that you grow from it and also inspire others.
-- Regularly having "one-of-a-kind" type of adventures that very few people get to experience i.e. swimming with whales, traveling through Europe on the "Orient Express", being in the middle of the Serengetti plains with the animal migration all around you, etc.
-- Having strong intimate relationships with family, friends and work associates.
-- Having a job/career/business that doesn't feel like work.
-- Accepting the necessary risks so that I don't ever say "I wish I would have..."
-- Continually "pushing the envelope" as to what is possible.

What does Xtraordinary Living mean to you? Or as the kid in the movie "What the Bleep do we know?" would ask: "How far down the rabbit whole do you want to go?"

0 comments: