left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: Portugal - What an adventure!

Monday, June 26, 2006

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

Portugal - What an adventure!

I just returned from the Time for Intentions Learning Vacation in Portugal. The trip was everything I hoped it would be and more!

Portugal is a beautiful country with very friendly people. Our local guides, Vittor & Pedro, provided us with a great amount of insight and perspective about the Portuguese culture that added much depth to our experience.

Another wonderful thing we got to experience, was Portugal winning a couple of their Soccer World Cup matches. It seemed like a continuous week-long celebration was in place.

Our group consisted of 15 people who were eager to embrace the challenge and adventure of traveling through a country in a less than traditional manner. We covered almost 300 miles along the beautiful Costa Azul (Blue Coast.) For most of us, the journey began many months before when we started getting in biking shape for this trip. We had a wide range of biking experience - from 3 very accomplished riders who regularly ride 100-200 miles per week to some people who hadn't been on a bike in over 20 years. We all had different goals and objectives as it related to the biking. The biking experience added a wonderful component to the course. There were many lessons learned and in the end, we all felt a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

I'm sure I will be sharing more about this trip in the near future. However I just wanted to post a quick update and get back into my blogging mode since it's been a while since I posted.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fully concur with what Rick said. Time for Intentions in Portugal started for me when I registered and I got clear on how I wanted to do the trip. In hindsight, I had a very clear intention about my training, my biking skills and strength in Portugal and the fun I was going to have. My intention was far surpassed before we even got there when the airline stewardess called my name and told me the captain wanted to move me to first class. Ultimately I and my fellow biking companion, Karen, started our trip in Business class. It was a great trip for me and as always when I travel with PL&L, everything was smooth and easy (except for the steep hills and cobblestones sometimes. ) The group consensus was this was fabulous and when can we do it again. Thanks fellow bikers for a great experience and I encourage others to step out of their comfort zone and try something new (I was one of those who had not biked for over 18 years) Jean O'Neill