left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: Getting Ready for Time for Intentions in Portugal

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

Getting Ready for Time for Intentions in Portugal

As you may know, this coming June we will be holding one of our Learning Vacation's in Portugal. We will be bike riding along the coast while doing some work on our Intentions. One of the elements that are great about my job is that not only do I get paid to have these wonderful experiences, but I also get paid to learn new things - like Road Biking.

Given that we will be riding a bike an average of 30-40 miles/day while in Portugal, I need to get in shape to be able to do this. So I went out and bought my first Road Bike. After years of wondering what it would be like to ride "one of those things," I finally got to experience that. And what a thrill that was! It's like going from driving a big truck to driving a Ferrari.

Those of you, who know me, know that I don't particularly like to exercise. I do it so that I can enjoy the benefits that it brings me. However I constantly look for doing the least amount I can to take me there. I was thinking the same way about biking. After doing my research, I figured I would NEED to get on my bike a couple of times a week so that I could build my endurance and that once I got to where I could easily ride the 30-40 miles then I would stop. I was planning on checking that off my list. But much to my surprise, I have found an activity that is "good for me" and that I actually enjoy doing. So as of now, I'm really looking forward to getting in riding shape vs. HAVING to get in shape.

I've told people for years that the course starts the moment you register for it. It's great to re-experience that. Our Learning Vacation's are a great way to have new experiences and you never know where the journey to get there will take you. If you have never done a Learning Vacation, I invite you to do so. You can find out more about them by visiting our web site Learning Vacation Schedule.

0 comments: