left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: Podcast Episode #1 - Experimenting

Thursday, February 16, 2006

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

Podcast Episode #1 - Experimenting

I believe that a big part of creating an Xtraordinary Life is the willingness to experiment, make mistakes and fail. The key is to LEARN, apply the lesson(s) and try the experiment again with the newfound insights. Repeating this cycle on a consistent basis will take us to places we never dreamed we could reach.

One of the reasons I'm so excited about this blog and our newly created podcast series (see the end of this post for some of the results of my experimenting) is that I get to experiment, learn and be creative in a new setting that is very enjoyable for me. I'm also using this learning as a source of new material that I can bring to the courses I'm leading. Lindon and I are also strong advocates of putting ourselves in the student role as often as possible so that we can bring a lot more empathy and understanding to our role of facilitators. There is nothing more powerful when you facilitate courses than teach from experience.

If you are a current subscriber to this blog and you get notified every time there is a new post, you may be wondering why you are getting a notice where there doesn't seem to be any new posts. The reason for it is due to my experimenting. I'm trying new stuff out and when it doesn't work, I delete it. So now you'll know every time I have experimented and failed. However, I'm confident that you will see the improvements as we go along.

A skiing instructor told me once that if "you are not falling, you are not pushing yourself and you are not learning." Happy experimenting.

If you haven't already listened to the first Xtraordinary Living podcast episode, you can do so by clicking on the player below.




Another cool feature is that you can send us an audio comment (we'd love to hear from you.) It is very easy. All you need to do is click on the button below.

Send Me A Message

0 comments: