left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: Groundhog Day conversation

Friday, May 19, 2006

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

Groundhog Day conversation

I was recently working with an executive team and we were having a "Groundhog Day" conversation - the same one we've had on several occasions. I then asked the team a question: "When is it time for you to put an issue to rest and move on?"

As we were discussing this, I got my answer: "when I no longer have any negative energy on the issue." I shared this with the group and they all agreed this was also the case for them.

With this insight, we proceeded to find out what it would take for each of them to remove the negative energy they had around the issues we had been discussing. As people thought about this they realized that when they changed the context (story) that they had been telling themselves, most of the negative energy went away. The results were incredible! The rest of the meeting was spent on moving through the issues without very little resistance.

The next time you find yourself having a "Groundog Day" conversation with someone, you may want to keep this in mind.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»