left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: Paid to go Bowling!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

Paid to go Bowling!

I got paid to go bowling today. In fact, over the past 12 months, I have been paid to go scuba diving in Australia, snow boarding in Colorado and traveling through Europe on the Orient Express. Later this year, I'll be getting paid to go Scuba Diving in Bermuda, bicycling in Portugal and traveling to Machu Pichu. No, I'm neither a professional bowler, nor a pro-snow boarder, pro-diver, pro-biker or travel professional. Far from it. What I am is a very fortunate guy who happens to have an incredible job! Thanks to Productive Learning & Leisure I get to do all of those activities I enjoy AND get paid for doing them.

I often marvel at the life I have created for myself. Never in my wildest dreams could I have envisioned what I have. I certainly feel very fortunate to have had all the breaks that I've had. And yet, I also know that I had a lot to do in creating this life. Taking responsibility for my actions, developing my emotional intelligence, expanding my beliefs, learning how to communicate more effectively, building fantastic relationships and making more effective choices are some of the tools that have helped me get here.

If you would like to find out more about how I got here, please listen to episode #3 of our Xtraordinary Living podcast series where my partner Lindon and I talk about how we started PL&L (see yesterday's post.)

I'll finish this post with an excerpt from an article I read today in my favorite magazine Fast Company: "If people control their own lives, then they are responsible for those lives. They can't simply complain about things being bad. In a world of choices, your responsibility does not end with complaining."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
i think you touched on something we can all learn from, we spoke yesterday and i told you that i found my gratitide again which was missing from my life. it's easy to forget about all the things that are right w/ our lives, (and believe me, there's alot right w/ mine!!). i think xtraordinary living begins w/ being thankful for whatever it is that brings you have. after all, isn't it our moral obligation to be as happy as possible for our loves ones? grow up w/ unhappy parents and you'll know what i'm saying is true...
p.s. sign me up for pebble beach, my game is coming around.