left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: Right Brain vs. Left Brain

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

Right Brain vs. Left Brain



Which way do you see this lady turning? If you see this lady turning clockwise you are using your right brain. If you see it the other way, you are using your left brain. Some people do see both ways, but most people see it only one way.

BOTH DIRECTIONS CAN BE SEEN

See if you can make her go one way and then the other by shifting the brain's current.

Most individuals have a distinct preference for one of these styles of thinking. Some, however, are more whole-brained and equally adept at both modes. Personally I tend to see the lady turning counter-clockwise, which is consistent with me using primarily my left brain. However, I started experimenting and found that when I was doing something creative, I was able to look at the image and saw it turning clockwise - meaning I was engaging my right brain.

I still haven't been able to make the lady turn on demand, but I'm getting closer to it. I'm curious if this is like exercise for the brain? Don't know if there is any value to doing this but it is kind of fun anyway!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,



2 comments:

Grounded said...

Got it! Initially clockwise but I discovered if I looked away like at the text below the counterclockwise switch took place. With practice I discovered I could change the rotation when her leg is either directly to the right counterclockwise to clockwise and directly to the left for clockwise to counterclockwise. Weird.

Anonymous said...

Like grounded, I initially saw the lady turning clockwise, then when I started reading the text, she switched to going counterclockwise. I haven't played with it enough to get it to switch at will, but it certainly is interesting.