left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: I saved 3 lives today!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

I saved 3 lives today!

"Thank you for saving 3 lives today." That was the goodbye greeting I got as I was leaving the Red Cross Mobile Unit after I donated blood today.

I started donating blood after 9/11. It was my own personal way to deal with the events of that day. However, I never really saw the personal impact this small act had until today. Amazing that something as simple as giving a pint of blood can have such a huge impact!

Also, my donating blood today allowed me to complete the assignment from a "QuoteAction" delivered earlier this year:"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." College Basketball Coach, John Wooden. Your action for today is: to make an anonymous donation or do something nice for someone without them finding out you did it.

Life is good! Not only did I save 3 lives but I also lived a perfect day!

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 comments: