left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: Machu Pichu

Friday, December 15, 2006

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

Machu Pichu

One of the wonderful elements about my job is that I get to travel to magical places like Machu Pichu. One of the not so wonderful elements is that when I return, I often find piles of work that have accumulated while I was gone. So here I am, finally making the time to post about PL&L's most recent Learning Vacation - Spirit Quest.

It is really hard to describe with words alone my experience. As people have asked me the inevitable "How was it?" question, I find myself answering with words like "incredible", "fantastic", "top five," etc. However, none of these words really capture the essence of this trip.

There is something very special about this place. People talk about the place having a special"energy." Maybe that is it. I can't tell you what it is exactly. But I can tell you that it is there. While I was there, I felt a sense of calmness and connectedness that I can't recall ever feeling. The course content also provided me with an opportunity to learn several powerful lessons. I will be sharing some of these in upcoming posts.

Another thing that I believe played a big role in my experience, was knowing that I would be returning to Machu Pichu next June - we have another Learning Vacation already scheduled there. Because of this, I didn't feel a sense that I had to "see everything" on this trip. I was content with taking my time exploring parts of the park and not visiting others - like the famous "Inca Bridge" - knowing that I would have another opportunity to visit the rest in the near future. This was a new experience altogether.

While I personally didn't take any pictures, many of our course participants did. I have asked them to share them with me so I can share them with you. In the next few weeks I will be posting pictures that will give you an idea of how majestic this place is.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

0 comments: