left Xtraordinary Living At Its Best: Edutainment Part II

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

New Visitor? Like what you read? Then please subscribe to my RSS Blog Feed or sign up for Free Email Updates. Thanks for Visiting!

Edutainment Part II

In Sunday's post I talked about the Exploring Your Genius year-long course and the edutainment concept related to our Cirque du Soleil's experience. I want to "piggy-back" on that idea and share this short video with you. If you have speakers attached to your computer, I would highly recommend you have them turned on. The music will definitely add to the experience.



If you're like most people who watch this, you'll probably be highly entertained and amazed at what Chris does. However, I want you to go deeper and see what you can learn and apply to your life from this. Here are a few questions to consider:

How many hours do you think he spent practicing this 4-minute performance? Do you think he consciously set out to do this or is this something that evolved over time? What emotions does watching this trigger in you? Where can you apply any of this to your own life?

Here's how I answered these questions: He must have spent hundreds of hours perfecting this routine. It is something that evolved over time that probably started with a thought like "I wonder if..." and culminated here. I felt a tremendous amount of admiration, appreciation and respect after watching this. I can apply this in my life in the following manner: I have fine-tuned my personal Mission to include being a person who triggers those same emotions in others.

In answering the above questions, I have added value to my experience of watching the video. It is no longer JUST something that was interesting and fun. It has become a teaching tool for me as well. My guess is that I will continue to have conversations with others who watch this. That in turn will add to both the entertainment and the educational value I've received so far. Maybe you will be one of those people with whom I will have that conversation and in doing so, we will both leverage our experience. Be sure to let me - and others - know what you think by posting on the comments section below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on! Watching him perform gave me chills. It was beautiful, like water dancing in a fountain. A wonderful interpretation of music that allowed me to connect to something far greater.

Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Excellence on display is proof that the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts. The music was nice, but not moving; the juggling was great but after a while you can break it down into the same moves in different order; but the performer put the two together and made it seamless and fluid; he made it a joyfull experience. Something neither on it's own would have been.

Dave Scott

Noreen said...

I'm fascinated by the "it's a small world" of the WWW. I recently was sent the same clip in the general "forwarding" that abounds of interesting tidbits and now I see it here. Makes me curious how far and wide it's been as well as pleased that it made it's way to me.